The legal provider and operator of this website is the Alfred Wegener Institute, Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research (AWI).
The SEA ICE PORTAL (meereisportal.de) is a joint project of the Alfred Wegener Institute and the University of Bremen’s Institute of Environmental Physics (IUP).
This site notice also applies to the SEA ICE PORTAL’s presence on other platforms, e.g.:
Alfred Wegener Institute
Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research
Am Handelshafen 12
Tel: +49 471 4831-0
Fax: +49 (0)471 4831-1149
Email: infoprotect me ?!awiprotect me ?!.de
The Alfred Wegener Institute is a foundation under public law. The AWI is a member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres.
The Alfred Wegener Institute’s legally appointed representatives are:
Prof Antje Boetius (Director) and Dr Karsten Wurr (Administrative Director)
The Alfred Wegener Institute’s VAT identification number in keeping with § 27a German VAT Act (Umsatzsteuergesetz) is: DE 114707273
The following representatives are responsible for the editorial contents:
Dr Renate Treffeisen, Dr Klaus Grosfeld
Cartographic materials, graphics and figures may only be reused if the provided reference is cited or the citation “source: meereisportal.de” is included. If you have any questions in this regard, please contact infoprotect me ?!meereisportalprotect me ?!.de.
The Alfred Wegener Institute permits the following types of private use with regard to the figures on meereisportal.de websites:
- users may copy images onto their private computer
- images may be printed for the purpose of private archives or decoration
- images may be shared with family and friends, provided the source is cited, a copyright notice is included, and they are instructed that the images are exclusively intended for private use
The non-commercial use of figures and/or illustrated articles for journalistic publications is permitted without the need to secure prior consent from the Alfred Wegener Institute, provided the following two conditions are met:
- The figures and/or infographics illustrate articles concerning the work of the SEA ICE PORTAL and/or Alfred Wegener Institute.
- The complete copyright notice as found in the metadata (IPTC data) is included, e.g. in the format “Alfred Wegener Institute / first name last name” – the abbreviated format “AWI / first initial last name” may only be used if the institute’s full name is cited in the publication together with the abbreviation “AWI”.
Images under a Creative Commons license may only be used in keeping with the conditions for the respective license.
Fundamentally speaking, the Alfred Wegener Institute does not permit the use of figures and/or illustrated articles from meereisportal.de websites for the following purposes:
- advertising, designing advertisements, etc.
- selling products in which the focus is on the images (T-shirts, coffee mugs, large prints)
- selling digital copies of the image files.
The Alfred Wegener Institute assumes no liability for the completeness or correctness of meereisportal.de websites’ contents; for errors of an editorial or technical nature; for omissions, etc., unless the respective author has been found guilty of intent or gross negligence. In particular, the Alfred Wegener Institute assumes no liability for the completeness or correctness of information found on linked websites. Despite our best efforts to monitor the contents, we assume no liability for the contents of external links. The operators of linked websites are solely liable for their contents. If you notice any content-related or technical errors, please feel free to inform us.
The SEA ICE PORTAL is hosted on the climate-neutral server Mittwald.
Website contents and design
Dr Renate Treffeisen, Dr Klaus Grosfeld (infoprotect me ?!meereisportalprotect me ?!.de)
Melanie Wolter (https://frauwolter.de/)
Nils Ehrenberg (www.die-fachwerkstatt.de/ehrenberg)
English version of the sites
Dr. Matt Fentem (hotlineprotect me ?!gonativeprotect me ?!.de)